MapAlerter.com is fully integrated with FixYourStreet.ie (FYS). This service allows people in Ireland to make submissions to their Council for various incidents in their area such as Graffiti, Potholes, Street Lighting, etc. It's a great way for members of the public to submit incidents so Council staff can quickly take action. When you are submitting incidents on "Fix Your Street" it is possible to add location details (ie, map location), incident details/category, date of the incident and a brief description.
At MapAlerter.com, our aim is to make the communications process between "government-and-citizen" as easy as possible. This is why we have integrated FixYourStreet.ie with MapAlerter.com so that our registered users can use their MapAlerter.com account to make submissions directly to FYS. Submissions can be made by logging into a MapAlerter account on a web browser or on the Smartphone App for MapAlerter. Therefore you no longer need to use a separate service in Fix Your Street: instead, simply log into your MapAlerter account and add your incident submissions directly from here. Our web form is easy to understand and is much quicker to complete than the standard submission form on FixYourStreet.ie.
Also, it is worth noting that not all Councils are actively using FixYourStreet.ie. So our clever location-based technology can determine if your incident will be sent to a Council who is actually using the service. For example, why would you submit a Graffiti report to Cork County Council if they are not using the service? Our system intelligently picks out valid submissions and routes them accordingly. If you submit an incident report to an active FYS Council then we will forward it to them. If you submit an incident for a location that isn't part of an FYS Council then we will email you back and tell you about it.
All in all, by submitting your FYS reports through MapAlerter.com we will manage your valid submissions and ensure that it will reach the correct Council as soon as possible. Meanwhile if your submission is for a non-FYS location then we will tell you about it and offer advice on how to proceed.
Some important points about the MapAlerter and Fix Your Street link up service:
Arrange a consultation to discuss how MapAlerter can help your Council's communication strategy
Arrange a consultation to discuss how MapAlerter can be used by your Council
1. The Alert List ScreenAlerts "beep in" like normal text messages and appear in a list structure. It is possible to share alerts with others using common social media, email and SMS links. Full information on any alert will appear by tapping the "View Details" button for any alert.
2. The Alert Detail ScreenEach alert includes a lot of information include category information graphics and the alert date. A web map also appears to illustrate the extents of any given alert. Full alert text information appears underneath the map.
3. The Main Menu ScreenThe App is designed with simplicity in mind and there are a small number of clear buttons used for navigating the App from the main menu.
4. The Update Categories ScreenMapAlerter users can decide what alert categories interest them and can switch off any categories that do not interest them at the tap of a button.
Arrange a demo of MapAlerter for your Council
5. The Update Location ScreenLocation is the key to MapAlerter's success and users can quickly define Home and Work location points through the App. The GPS feature of the smartphone is enabled to ensure that a user is quickly centred on their current location as a useful starting location. It is simply a case of dragging the red icon to customize the user's location.
Arrange a demo of the MapAlerter App on your smartphone.