Local Authority Alerts (MapAlerter)
Ireland's most advanced Text Alert service provider
Pin Point Community Text Alert is Ireland's most advanced community text alert service provider. Our service is designed to meet the needs of Community Alert groups of all sizes across Ireland. We are definitely not a "bulk texting" company and this is reflected in many of the value-added services that we provide to groups as part of their overall Text Alert experience. Apart from SMS Text Messages we also allow groups to issue Alerts through Email, Landline Phone Calls and most recently through our dedicated Smartphone App for your subscribers.
Text Alert is far more than just a case of contracting a service provider to send out your text messages. There are hidden aspects that involve your service provider to play a bigger part and to make all these tasks work flawlessly. We make the life of the group administrator as easy as possible and we also communicate with your local or district Gardai to ensure that they have no issues when it comes to issuing alerts on your behalf. Our system was designed in conjunction with many groups across the country along with input from An Garda Siochana. We have over 150 groups using our service and based on group feedback there is an extremely high level of satisfaction.
Some of the more prominent features that are included in our service that set us apart are as follows:
- We have a dedicated smartphone App for Text Alert that can be used by your subscribers to receive alerts. This means the phone networks are bypassed and therefore there are great savings for the group. This is similar to WhatsApp and we believe it represents the long term future of Text Alert
- We provide group managers with access to a dedicated management website for Text Alert. When groups need to issue their own alerts, add/remove subscribers, and much more, then this is all carried out in a self-service way using our highly dependable and secure technology
- When you run out of credit with Pin Point Alerts we will continue to issue your texts. We assume payment is on the way and this is a complimentary overdraft facility that gets lots of praise from many of the groups that use our service. We accept payment through any method that suits the group, ie, bank transfer, cheques, online, and any others that are unique to your group.
- Our Multi-Channel approach to Text Alert is very important. We are the only service provider that will make landline phone calls to your elderly subscribers who do not have a mobile phone. These are often the people who are most vulnerable to crime and this is an inclusive measure that is unrivalled by other service providers.
Apart from these prominent features, we have a range of other attractive features that you can read in your own time by downloading them here. We continually develop our system to meets the needs of groups and Gardai across the country. We regard groups as our R&D Department and our system evolves to meet new Text Alert challenges on a regular basis. We do not charge for any custom development to our system. If you come up with a good idea as one of our groups then we will add it in as a new feature which becomes available for the benefit of all others.
Our business model is very flexible and supports groups of all sizes. Rather than a 100% credit-based approach, we have a low cost monthly subscription service that is complimented by extremely low cost texting. Our smartphone app offers free alerts to your subscribers and is a great way to ensure that your running costs remain low and affordable. Our business is different to any other service provider and has received wide praise from our groups since we implemented it during 2014.
Our Text Alert set up and support services are exemplary. We ensure that the community alert group manager is not faced with any difficult headaches during the set up period. We have faced many potential pitfalls with Text Alert and have overcome them each time through our experienced project management skills. We guarantee a seamless set up process for your group and this goes a long way to ensure a successful Text Alert implementation for your group. Get in touch today and we can guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
SchoolAlerts.ie - Cost effective system for communicating with parents
Pin Point Alerts has developed an innovative service called SchoolAlerts.ie which allows schools to contact parents using familiar smartphone apps for free.
The idea for SchoolAlerts.ie came about after schools were in touch with Pin Point Alerts after Storm Ophelia and Storm Emma, when they incurred huge SMS costs alerting parents about various updates. They were upset at paying a high cost for communications during a time when it was urgently required in a Level Red Weather Warning. We developed School Alerts as a way for schools to contact parents outside of traditional SMS using app-based push notifications which are free. This means that schools can send as many alerts to parents as they require, and they aren't penalised for any heavy usage during storms.
Some important points about SchoolAlerts.ie:
- SchoolAlerts.ie is offered as an affordable annual service plan for schools, with individual alerts free.
- Alerts can be targeted to the entire school, individual classes or individual parents.
- There are no costs for parents to register or to get alerts through any apps.
- We offer a price comparison tool against standard bulk-SMS service providers. You can view our Pricing here.
- The service is designed with the school principal and secretary in mind, and is very easy to use. Any school can create an account and test the system at no cost.
- The registration process takes seconds. All we need is your Roll ID and we can join the dots and get your contact details from there.
- Available 24:7 from any location and on any device.