Fix Your Street Integration
MapAlerter.com is fully integrated with FixYourStreet.ie (FYS). This service allows people in Ireland to make submissions to their Council for various incidents in their area such as Graffiti, Potholes, Street Lighting, etc. It's a great way for members of the public to submit incidents so Council staff can quickly take action. When you are submitting incidents on "Fix Your Street" it is possible to add location details (ie, map location), incident details/category, date of the incident and a brief description.
At MapAlerter.com, our aim is to make the communications process between "government-and-citizen" as easy as possible. This is why we have integrated FixYourStreet.ie with MapAlerter.com so that our registered users can use their MapAlerter.com account to make submissions directly to FYS. Submissions can be made by logging into a MapAlerter account on a web browser or on the Smartphone App for MapAlerter. Therefore you no longer need to use a separate service in Fix Your Street: instead, simply log into your MapAlerter account and add your incident submissions directly from here. Our web form is easy to understand and is much quicker to complete than the standard submission form on FixYourStreet.ie.
Also, it is worth noting that not all Councils are actively using FixYourStreet.ie. So our clever location-based technology can determine if your incident will be sent to a Council who is actually using the service. For example, why would you submit a Graffiti report to Cork County Council if they are not using the service? Our system intelligently picks out valid submissions and routes them accordingly. If you submit an incident report to an active FYS Council then we will forward it to them. If you submit an incident for a location that isn't part of an FYS Council then we will email you back and tell you about it.
All in all, by submitting your FYS reports through MapAlerter.com we will manage your valid submissions and ensure that it will reach the correct Council as soon as possible. Meanwhile if your submission is for a non-FYS location then we will tell you about it and offer advice on how to proceed.
Some important points about the MapAlerter and Fix Your Street link up service:
- It is a simple task when you want to submit to Fix Your Street using your MapAlerter account. The user experience is a lot easier to navigate and submissions can be made via the App or Website
- Part of our service is to analyse the submission and quality check the information that is received. Anything that is invalid (eg, locations outside Ireland) will be rejected and the user that submitted the incident will be notified. Once a submission meets the standard of quality MapAlerter expects then it is forwarded to Fix Your Street as a standard submission. It takes about 5-10 minutes for MapAlerter to forward on valid submissions.
- A full email log is provided back to the MapAlerter informing them of the status of a submission. Once a submission passes then the user will be notified that the submission is now between themselves and the local authority. Once a submission fails then the reason(s) are emailed back to the MapAlerter user advising them to re-submit.
- MapAlerter is designed with scalability in mind and any updates with the Fix Your Street service will be matched in MapAlerter soon after. If new categories are added to Fix Your Street then they will quickly become available in MapAlerter without any delay.
- Like all MapAlerter services, there is no charge for any user to make Fix Your Street submissions. It is free for any member of public to create a MapAlerter account and receive alerts or make Fix Your Street submissions.